- Bachelors in Philosophy, Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome, June 1984.
Dissertation: Fundamentals of Knowledge in the Philosophy of Immanuel Kant.
- Bachelors in Divinity (B.D), Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome, June 1989.
Dissertation: Nigeria and the Challenges of Small Christian Communities – In Pauline Perspective.
- Licentiate in Missiology, Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome, June 1996.
Dissertation: The Dialogue with African Traditional Religion: Experiences and Proposals in the light of the Contemporary Documents of the Church on Dialogue.
- Doctorate in Missiology, Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome, June 1998.
Dissertation: Trends in African Theology since Vatican II: A Missiological Orientation.
- 1998-1999: Doctorate of Research in Missiology for the teaching of mission theology, Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome.
- Tirocino (professorship training): Philosophische–Theologische Hochschule, Sankt Augustin (Bonn), Germany (1998-1999).
- Research theme: The Evolution of Catholic and Protestant Mission Theology in the post- conciliar Period.